Settle, feel safe, and be yourself.
Soma’s unique gifts lie in her ability to transform imbalances, injury, and psychological limitations through her body and body presence; Deep listening, assessment, intuitive guidance, and palpatory skills put this into action. Then ultimately, it is the medicine generated between her and her client where the necessary alchemy for healing and transformation emerges. A natural-born healer, Soma’s work offers a place to settle, feel safe, and be yourself.
Studying Biology and Psychology at Boston College, Soma received a Bachelor of Science degree. After receiving her Master’s degree from Boston University in Nutrition she became passionate about the role of the body on the psyche and our well-being.
Soma is a licensed somatic trauma and craniosacral therapist, educator, and clinician. Her work in clinical nutrition and holistic health spans over twenty-five years, and she now runs a successful practice facilitating sessions and teaching in the U.S. and abroad. Her conviction of the positive influence that meditation, trauma resolution, and plant medicine have on the psychology and well-being of a person plays a major role in her approach to therapy and healing.
Influences, Education, & Inspiration
- The Dharma
- Mindbody connection and neuropsychology
- Family dynamics
- Fritz Perls
- Ayurveda & the Yoga Sutras
- Heart coherency
- The imaginal & liminal worlds
- The Little Ones Inside & the work of Robyn Posin
- Depth Psychology & Expressive Arts
- Reiki, Healing Touch, & the quantum field
- Vanda Scaravelli yoga & all things Hatha yoga
- Biology Of Belief
- Biodynamics and Anthroposophy
- Embryology & human development/performance
- Nutritional alchemy & biochemistry
- Dance Medicine™ & the work of Nadia Natali
- Source Painting & the work of Aviva Gold
- Continuum Movement
- 5Rhythms & the work of Gabrielle Roth
- Brain Gym
- Nature’s resilience
- Birthing From Within
- Babies come with all the answers
- In deep bow and reverence with special thanks to ShantiMayi and the Sacha sangha family.